Xton Access Manager Product Update 2.3.201908102242
Today we released new update to the Xton Privileged Access Manager software. This update adds silent installer for Linux platforms, adds the option to generate admin password during installation and improves configuration of four-eyes dual control option for administrators.
Added silent installer for Linux platforms
Silent installer for Linux platforms accepts command line parameters as configuration options for the specific deployment replacing interactive communication with the user using the options provided in the command line. With all options required to complete the installation specified in the command line the installed completes automatically without operator attention. The options also include destination location and the file to store generated credentials. Command line parameters could be used to supplement interactive installation or to facilitate automated deployment.
Silent installer option is useful for deployment automation and repeat-ability in large environments, elastic provisioning of new systems in cloud or closed data-center environment and cleaner separation of system ownership, administration and deployment roles by limiting exposure of sensitive system keys and passwords.
Silent installer for Linux platforms includes the following parameters:
- -eula – Accept EULA
- -db – install embedded database
- -nodb Oracle|MSSQL|MySQL|PostgreSQL SERVER USER PASSWORD – connect to external database
- -dir – install Directory Services
- -nodir SERVER PASSWORD – connect to external Directory Services
- -gui – install the application GUI
- -nogui – install the application without GUI component
- -worker – install the application Worker process
- -noworker – install the application without Worker process
- -session – install session manager
- -nosession – install the application without session manager
- -cas – install Federated Sign-In Module
- -nocas – install the application without Federated Sign-In Module
- -ldap SERVER USER PASSWORD – connect to LDAP during installation
- -noldap – do not connect to LDAP during installation
- -sso MANAGED-PATH – configure SSO access through Managed Path
- -nosso – disable SSO access
- -folder – automatically confirm current folder
- -admin LOGIN FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME PASSWORD|GENERATE – initial system administrator
- -location INSTALLATION_FOLDER – installation folder
- -output FILE – file output for generated keys and passwords
- -help – prints this message
Below is the example of command line arguments to automatically install the system with default options selected into the folder /opt/xtam, create system administrator user with generated password and save the generated passwords and keys into the file xtam.info:
./XtamSetup.sh -eula -db -dir -gui -worker -session -noldap -admin xtamadmin System Administrator GENERATE -nocas -nosso -folder -location /opt/xtam -output xtam.info
Added the option to generate system administrator password during the system installation
The option to generate system administrator password during the system installation facilitates cleaner separation of system ownership, administration and deployment roles by limiting exposure of sensitive system keys and passwords.
Improved configuration of four-eyes dual control option for administrators
Dual control option for administrators allows to restrict or to enforce peer-review workflow for administration functions. This option facilitates limiting super-user control. Enabling this option restricts system administration access even to disable this option. New update adds some measures for system administrators to prevent locking themselves when they enable dual control option in case it is not a desirable outcome. New update also adds an option to unblock the dual control option for the users in a possession of a system master key.
Please review key features documentation and product news using the links below
- Your August 2019 XTON Access Manager Newsletter!
- Get your Complimentary Copy of KuppingerCole Executive View: Xton Technologies Access Manager
- XTAM Password Vault Free Trial Download
- Xton Access Manager User Manual
- Getting Started Guide
- Xton Technologies News and Events
- Xton Access Manager How-To Guides
- Explore Our PAM Features and Highlights
- Explore a pre-configured live demo in our environment
- Best Practices Guide provides insights into both Concepts and Design elements for users looking to build out their PAM deployment
The software requires about five minutes to install on a freshly built Windows or Linux server or desktop with 1+ Gb RAM and no pre-requisites. After installation, please follow our Getting Started Guide for step-by-step introduction to the application.
Read the product documentation including Windows and Linux installation instructions as well as Getting Started Guide: https://www.xtontech.com/resources/documentation/
Follow this link for the instructions how to update the existing setup: https://www.xtontech.com/resources/faq/updating-xton-access-manager-version/
Check the software pricing, including options and licensing FAQ: https://www.xtontech.com/store/
We appreciate your feedback and comments about Xton Access Manager and also about handling privileged accounts, passwords, keys and certificates as well as sessions to remote computers in general.
Thank you for your interest in our product.
Xton Technologies team
Xton Access Manager for Privileged Access Management (PAM) provides complete, control for your privileged passwords, secrets, certificates and documents to meet audit requirements while limiting your risk of security breaches. It’s easy to install, affordable, cloud-ready and offers unlimited use and storage
Please fill out this form to receive a download link to get started today, even on your current desktop or laptop. Documentation is available to help or you can email or call us to request a trial extension, discuss questions and share your feedback. We would love to talk to you.