The Information We Gather
XtonTech may gather three types of information about our users:
(1) Non-personally identifiable information: When visitors come to our web site, we may collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of the web site were visited, the order in which they were visited and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” Collecting such information may involve the logging of the IP addresses, operating system and browser software used by each visitor to the XtonTech web site. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
We may also use “cookies” – that is, small text files placed on a user’s computer hard drive – to help us determine the type of content and sites to which a visitor to the XtonTech site links, the length of time each visitor spends at any particular area of the XtonTech site and the XtonTech services visitors choose to use. Essentially, cookies are a visitor’s identification card for the XtonTech computers, or servers, that placed them there. Our cookies are only read by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience at our web site. Nevertheless, you should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser. If you continue to use the XtonTech site, we’ll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website.
(2) Personally identifiable information: XtonTech may gather personally identifiable information on a subscription form. Subscribers may choose to “opt in” to receive newsletters, updates or promotional materials from XtonTech. If you fill in one of our registration forms from the United States or Canada, XtonTech will not release any personally identifiable registration information regarding you to third parties without your prior consent. If you reside outside of the United States, XtonTech sells its products primarily through distributors. So we will forward your inquiry to a partner that best matches your location and interests. If you do not wish to be contacted from a certified XtonTech Reseller, please feel free to forward any correspondence you receive email@example.com and just indicate you’d prefer to work with us directly. If you decide that you would like to discontinue receiving newsletters, updates or promotional materials from XtonTech and/or its business partners, please contact us.
(3) When installing our products, collecting information is either automatic, or requires an activation. In the case of automatic registration, the product will send information as to the license key, server information and other required information. If a manual activation is required, this information is required to be transmitted to us for validation and a return of an authorization key. Information gathered is only for use in license validation.
How We Use (And Do Not Use) The Information We Gather
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways XtonTech uses the information that it gathers. Keep in mind that, while XtonTech encourages all third parties with whom it deals – including but not limited to its business partners – to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties. Nevertheless, in the event that you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with, XtonTech who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact us; we will be happy to forward your message to the third party.
(1) Non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful products by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the XtonTech web site. We may provide statistical information based on this data to current and potential business partners.
The XtonTech web site may contain links to other Internet web sites or documents contained therein, including sites which may or may not be owned or operated by XtonTech. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites, including such sites’ use of any information (such as IP address, browser type or operating system) collected when visitors to the XtonTech web site click through links to those sites. Even though such information might not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of those sites.
(2) Personally identifiable information: XtonTech may gather personally identifiable information on a subscription form. subscribers may choose to “opt in” to receive newsletters, updates or promotional materials from XtonTech. XtonTech will not release any personally identifiable registration information regarding you to third parties without your prior consent. If you decide that you would like to discontinue receiving newsletters, updates or promotional materials from XtonTech and/or its business partners, please contact us.
Also, XtonTech may use subscribers’ data to “pre-populate” forms which are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by XtonTech and/or its business partners. In no case does pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to XtonTech or any third party. Only if a user voluntarily requests that such data be transferred will any transfer take place – for example, if/when a user clicks a “submit form” button or other button.
We reserve the right to release information contained within our access logs concerning any visitor when that visitor is in violation of our Terms of Service or other published guidelines, or engages (or is reasonably suspected of engaging) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order, and to release such information in response to court and governmental orders, civil subpoenas, discovery requests and as otherwise required by law. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using our servers or services for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement individuals or entities for investigation or prosecution.
Deleting Personal Information; Business Transfers
If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from XtonTech’s database, please contact us, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within XtonTech databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however, XtonTech reserves the right, from time to time, to recontact former subscribers of its web site.
In addition, we may sell or transfer assets or portions of our business as we continue to improve our product offerings. In such transactions, visitor information (whether non-personally identifiable or personally identifiable) may constitute one of the transferred business assets.