Xton Access Manager Product Update 2.3.202101102317
Today we released new update to the Xton Privileged Access Manager software. This update adds inactivity timeout option to automatically terminate RDP Proxy sessions and account management for PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server remote applications.
Added inactivity timeout option to automatically terminate idle RDP Proxy sessions
The update added the option to specify inactivity timeout to terminate idle RDP Proxy sessions. The option is useful to limit user presence of the remote servers for performance and security reasons and to control number of open session on the remote windows computer.
To enable the option specify idle timeout in seconds in the global parameter RDP Proxy Idle Timeout. Use zero to disable idle timeout enforcement.
Added account management option for PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server remote applications
The update added account management option for PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server remote applications on Unix Hosts. The option allows to implement check status and password reset policies for the database account on record in addition to the option to launch database client on the remote application host.
To enable this option, add the following fields to Unix Host with Command record type:
- Connection (Type: String, Display Name: Connection String) to define host:port/database connection string
- CommandUser (Type: String, Display Name: Command User) to define account login
- CommandPassword (Type: String, Display Name: Command Password) to define account password
- Your January 2021 XTON Access Manager Newsletter!
- Xton Technologies Software Binary Distribution and Signatures
- Getting Started Guide using REST APIs in PowerShell with Xton Access Manager
- XTAM Gateway
- XTAM REST API Documentation
- XTAM Password Vault Free Trial Download
- Xton Access Manager User Manual
- Getting Started Guide
- Xton Technologies News and Events
- Xton Access Manager How-To Guides
- Explore Our PAM Features and Highlights
- Explore a pre-configured live demo in our environment
- Best Practices Guide provides insights into both Concepts and Design elements for users looking to build out their PAM deployment
The software requires about five minutes to install on a freshly built Windows or Linux server or desktop with 2+ Gb RAM and no pre-requisites. After installation, please follow our Getting Started Guide for step-by-step introduction to the application.
Read the product documentation including Windows and Linux installation instructions as well as Getting Started Guide: https://www.xtontech.com/resources/documentation/
Follow this link for the instructions how to update the existing setup: https://www.xtontech.com/resources/faq/updating-xton-access-manager-version/
Check the software pricing, including options and licensing FAQ: https://www.xtontech.com/store/
We appreciate your feedback and comments about Xton Access Manager and also about handling privileged accounts, passwords, keys and certificates as well as sessions to remote computers in general.
Thank you for your interest in our product.
Xton Technologies team
Xton Access Manager for Privileged Access Management (PAM) provides complete, control for your privileged passwords, secrets, certificates and documents to meet audit requirements while limiting your risk of security breaches. It’s easy to install, affordable, cloud-ready and offers unlimited use and storage
Please fill out this form to receive a download link to get started today, even on your current desktop or laptop. Documentation is available to help or you can email or call us to request a trial extension, discuss questions and share your feedback. We would love to talk to you.
The Featured image for this article is Background vector created by macrovector – www.freepik.com